Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fun on the Beach


Well as I am writing this, we just got home from a great weekend at the beach. George DeWees and his family invited us over for a weekend of fun. We left town Friday when Andrew got out of school. Our first order of business was to check in to the GREATEST cottage in the world. (see attached photo) After hitting the beach for an hour, we met the DeWees's to see their son play a high school football game. After the game we dropped the kids at the house and the adults went out for a night on the town.

The next morning it was back on the beach. The DeWees's met us, and we had a wonderful day. The waves were wonderful, and Andrew is a champion boogie boarder. Later we met up with them again for dinner and a night of fun. We went to the Speed Park in Daytona Beach. It is home of the Nitro Alley, a dragster thrill ride that takes you from 0 - 75 in 3 seconds.

George, Chris and myself lined up in the dragsters, now I must tell you this is my story of how things happened. Obviously George bribed the ticket taker to get the fastest car. Chris and I were left to the dogs!!! When the tree hit, George was off and running, while Chris and I were left in the dust. Now the first time we thought "Wow beginners luck" But on the second time, when we couldn't catch him, we knew something was up. George took the first two rounds of racing, while Chris took the last round. I ended up loosing ALL three rounds of racing. Now I smell a rat!!!

Now I am sure that George and Chris have different versions of the story, but I am sticking to mine!!! We then hit the go karts and had a great time. I rode with Andrew in his go kart and realized that I definitely like to be in the drivers seat.

The next morning Chris and I woke up early and sat down by the beach to watch the dolphins swim in front of the cottages. What a wonderful way to start the day. We then met up with the DeWees's one more time for a picture perfect day on the beach. We loaded up and headed for home. Racing is our life, and we love it, but it is nice to take a time out every once and a while to enjoy family and great friends.

Thanks for listening,

Elaine

No comments: