Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back to Douglas

Miss Ta Fire is back in action!!! We tested the Miss Ta Fire at Gainesville Raceway to blow out the cobwebs. I hadn't raced my girl in a few months, and she was needing some attention. So we decided to race her back at Douglas Motorsports Park. It is located in Douglas, GA and the Miss Ta Fire had a lot of fans that were ready to see her back in action. I was scheduled to run Paul Miller with the Danchuck funny car.

We left town on Thursday afternoon after I picked Andrew up from school. We arrived in town later that night and was up early in the morning ready for the display at Walmart. We set-up and hung out at Walmart. Later it was off to do some radio shows and then it was time to head to the dragstrip to make some passes down the dragstrip.

My crew had the car out and ready to go by the time I arrived at the track. As we were listening to the weather reports for the weekend, it was starting to look a little like we were going to have problems Saturday night. The track manager, Tim Pafford, made the decision to run us twice on Friday and only once on Saturday because of the weather. It felt great to be back in the Miss Ta Fire. She did me proud, and never let me down. We made two amazing runs down the track and off to the Waffle King. YUMMMM I think.

Saturday morning and we had some time to spare. We hung out at the hotel and then finally we left for the track. It was hot and humid, and we were worried about the weather. We were scheduled to run at 8:00 and it had rained a few times slowing down the racing progress. Finally, at dusk, it was time. I hit the track and heard that rain was 10 minutes out. We quickly pulled out on the track and I was amazed to find the stands full and people lining the fence. This is why we do this. The Miss Ta Fire never let me down and she made a great pass. As we pulled back to the trailer and not a minute later the skies let loose. Just in time!!! We quickly loaded up and hit the road.

Thanks everyone. We will see some of you at Sun-N-Fun.

Elaine

No comments: