Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The NMRA Finals

Well a full year has come and gone and we are back to the NMRA finals in Bowling Green, KY again this year. I have been traveling with the NMRA and NMCA series this year and it has been a lot of fun. As I am not racing anymore, it is fun to be a part of a series that you can feel a part of. The problem is that I get involved with the teams and want them to do well. Now the end has come and all that is left if the banquet at the PRI show to finish off the year. I want to congradulate the winners on a job well done. I will miss seeing you guys. But 2009 is just around the corner.

Now on to this weekend. We are finishing off the NMCA series in Memphis, TN. This is Andrew's favorite series, so we are letting him take a day off from school to head to the track to cheer on all of the racers. We get to have a little fun before we head to the track at Coyote Ugly to do a display. Yes Chris is sad about this, but hey we do what we can for the sport of drag racing!!!!

This week has also been interesting, on the way home from picking Andrew up from school, driving home on a road that I travel everyday, we got into an accident. A person was looking at a house and decided instead of going straight ahead, she would go backwards and hit me. Talk about making a day interesting. Luckly we are fine and the only damage is very small to the front of my car, which can be fixed. So it really makes me realize that it is much safer on the dragstrip than the road.

Here are some photos from this past weekend. Enjoy.






Well I guess that is it for this week. I will post more next week. Be safe.
e

No comments: