Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rather be racin!!!

Okay. for the most part most people see what we do at the track and think that is what goes on, well let me tell you, that is the easiest part of our jobs!!! We left Z Max dragway, Andrew, Nitro and I flew home while Chris drove to the next race to leave the rig. Life has a way of just keeping going. While we were gone, the mail still comes, bills still need to be paid and work needs to be done. We can't do any of that on the road. So there is no rest. We had been gone for almost 3 weeks, what a mess. It took me a couple of days just to get the feel of home. I had no food in the house and just going to the grocery store is hard. But, we made it through and I picked Chris up from the airport and then the work started out in the shop Chris is a hard boss! There is no rest at Larsen Motorsports!

We head out to the shop and get moving on assembling engines and start working on getting the new ERAU jet car up and running. Our crew guy Mike and his daughter Alli made the long drive to come and help over the weekend, thanks guys!!!

Engines are always top priority, but yard work doesn't wait. I had to trim the palm trees, man do they have pickers!!! If that wasn't bad enough, the fire ants were all over. I think there is something about me that they like!! My feet are killing me. Okay so enough whining. We still have a week and a half left at home before we hit the road again for the next race. Hopefully we will get caught up in that time. I guess that is it for now. Back to the ants.

If anyone hasn't seen the video of the 4 lane drag race on you tube, you need to log on and watch. It was probably the coolest thing I have ever done racing!!! It will last in my memory forever! Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJAgUBEQdw

Have a great week!!!

luv ya,
e

No comments: