Monday, January 09, 2017

To Tell The Truth!!!

So recently my life has been a little crazy!!!  From racing jet dragsters, being the CFO and President of Larsen Motorsports, licensing new jet drivers planing the 2017 season and all of the other stuff on my plate; when ABC called and asked if I would like to be on a game show, I of course said YES!!!

So a little bit about the show first.  To Tell the Truth is a show that started back in 1956 and ran until I believe 1968.  The premise of the show is a person of notoriety and two impostors try to match wits with a panel of four celebrities.  The object of the game is to fool the celebrities. They brought this iconic show back last year (2016) on ABC!!   (I AM SO IN!!!)  Before we flew out to LA for filming, we worked for weeks on back stories, wardrobe, photos videos etc. so that we would have everything handled before we got there.

We we arrived in LA they had put us up in this beautiful hotel where all of the other contestants were staying.  We were all supposed to meet in the lobby and a car would take us to the studios.  We had signed a bunch of non disclosure paperwork before this so we were all pretty tight lipped on the ride over, but we all looked each other up and down trying to decide what each of us brought to the table.  The studio we filmed on was the American Idol set, so pretty cool!!  We went to hair and make up and got the meet the impostors!!!  This is where it gets really fun.  My impostors were a female police officer and a guy.......(we will get back to that).  It was my job during hair and make up to give them more of a back story so they could help me fool the judges.  I was sworn to tell the truth, but the impostors could have some fun!!!

After hair and make up we went on the set, it was HUGE, much larger than I thought, about 200 people could fit in the audience and there were a lot of lights!!!  It looks just like it does on TV, a very cool set!!  We did our walk through and  we back to get wardrobe.  Ours was the first segment to film, no time for nerves, lights camera action!!!  I messed my first line up!!!  Yep we had to re set and film again (glad you didn't see that)  OMG!!!!  After the butterflies went away, I had the chance to just take in what was really happening.  I was sitting on a film set in LA with celebrities talking about drag racing the sport I LOVE!!!

Before you knew it, it was over and the music played, I stood and then it was all over!!!  Talk about an adrenaline rush!!!  No time to rest, we went back to make up where the guy on the panel went under his transformation from Joshua to Rhea Lite a drag queen!!!  She would make her appearance at the end of the show.

So more about the other impostor, Ellie, she was so amazing to meet, a strong powerful female, that has taken charge of her life.  Her name is FitCopMom, if you can guess, she is totally into fitness and is just amazing.

About the others on the show, everyone was just so much fun, none of us had done anything like this before and the ride back to the hotel, I think we were a little shell shocked not believing what we had just done.

I have to thank my hubby for flying out with me, my team back at the shop who always makes me look good, the fans for tuning in, the sponsors and partners that make this all happen and last but not least To Tell the Truth!!  I was able to bring what we do to an audience that is in the millions.

So now it is time to get back to work, (okay driving jet cars is pretty cool and I don't consider it work) but all of those other things they make me do here : (    and get ready for the 2017 season!!  Thanks for always being the best part of my day!!!

See you at the races!!

luv ya,
e










No comments: