Sunday, October 14, 2018

And So it Begins!!!

Hey guys, I know it has been a while and I have not excuse except that I have been living large!!  I don't even know where to begin,  my life has taken a life of its own.  Lets start with the fun stuff.  I was contacted by a friend in the TV world who sent me a casting call abut people that have risky jobs.  Draging my feet thinking that I didn't have time to shoot a commercial, but she kept texting me and finally Chris and I skyped in an interview.  Neither of us really gave it much thought until we received an e mail saying we got the job, little did we know what we had gotten yourselves into.  We started the meetings going over the shots and how my job is risky.  Funny, I really never give the risk much thought.  Trust me, no one understands how easy things can go wrong, but when I started talking about my job, it became different.  You see for the first time, I looked at my job not as the person in the car, but from others perspective.  WOW talk about eye opening. 

Why do we do what we do?  How to answer this question, is it the adrenaline, is it the rush, is the money?  LOL definitely not the money!!!!  For real it isn't about the rush either, it's hard to say why some people do things that others would never consider.  I remember when I first started, gosh 17 years ago, I didn't have a clue.  No clue to how dangerous this lifestyle would be.  The dragster moved so fast, it still moves so fast, but now, now I am ready eyes wide open!!! 



So back to the TV commercial, HOLY COW this was off the chain.  I have done some really cool things in my life, but this is a lot of fun!!  The entire team was top notch and we made some lifelong friends.  So after the filming was done, now we wait to see what the final project looks like.  We felt like it was gong be good, but good doesn't even touch the final product.  So we knew the commercial was going to air and I was thinking maybe someone would see it, never did I imagine that it was going to be EVERYWHERE!!!  NFL, Food Network, HGTV, all major stations, there we were!!  If you haven't seen it yet, here is a link to the YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1dHOeDIWy0

We are super proud of the final project.  But now it's time to get back to the business of racing, but what does that look like?  Well for those of you that don't know, Chris and I purchased a sanctioning body called the National Jet Racing Association.  What is the NJRA?  Well it is all about fire, jets and having fun celebrating fire.  So what is the future for the Larsen Motor sports teams......the NJRA baby.  I am excited to announce that we are holding the first of many Festival's of Fire January 25-26th at Palm Beach International Raceway.  What does that mean.......Fire Fire Fire and oh yeah more Fire!!! 

So it's time to hang on cuz we only have one speed and that is full throttle.  Go to NJRARacing.com for more information and to purchase your tickets today!!! 

love ya,
e



No comments: