Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Race Day


The Embry-Riddle race team headed for West Palm Beach Friday afternoon to Moroso Motorsports Park. We arrived early so we could set up and get things ready for a very busy weekend. Not only were we there to race, we hired a film crew to make a promotional video for the brand new Embry-Riddle jet dragster.

This was the first official race for our new team, and let me tell you it was sweet success. We had a wonderful weekend.

Now for some of the fun stuff. If you read my other blogs. I had put my back out the Tuesday before the race. Of course I didn't think this was going to be a problem, well let me tell you something, I have a new respect for back pain. I have since been to the Dr. and found out that I have a pinched nerve. Saturday was more painful than Sunday, but I made it through the weekend with a smile.


Now for the visitors, from Embry-Riddles Ft. Lauderdales center staff and students came out, as well as many from the SAE club out of Daytona Beach campus. It was so much fun to see them cheer their car on. I have my friends and fans that always come out to see me, which keeps me coming back year after year. This however was an anniversary for me and a special person. I met Chris and Chuck Foster a year ago. Chris was just diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of 15. We made a connection right off, and a year later their family has become my family. So it was a special weekend. Thanks to everyone who came out to see us.

For more info about the race, go to the race recaps. Now we are off to Gulfport, MS. Then to the Embry-Riddle homecoming. and it won't be long when we come back to our home track at Moroso for the Citrus Nationals. Take care and see ya soon.

Elaine

No comments: