Tuesday, March 06, 2007

No Problem!!!


Larsen Motorsports headed to No Problem Raceway in Belle Rose, LA for the NHRA division 4 race. We left home on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday there were tornado's all over Alabama, but luckily we missed them all. When we pulled into the track on Thursday, the trailer was ready for a good washing. We washed the rig, and headed for the hotel. Friday morning, E. Lowe was flying in to help us for the race. We all headed to the track, and the place was packed. There were a lot of quality cars, and the racing action was awesome.


I was scheduled to make one pass on Friday evening to close the show down. This was my first pass since I ran at the Snowbirds in December, so it felt really really fast, but man was it fun to be back in the drivers seat.


We were invited to some of the racers trailers to have some crawfish. I had never eaten it before, but the 20 foot table was overfilling of crawfish, and they kept piling it on. My lips were on fire after the third one, but they were tasty.

Saturday morning and it was cool outside. We went back to the track, and made our two passes for the day. The crowd at No Problem was on it's feet and that makes it so much more fun. On the last pass of the night, I decided that the guys in the tower needed to wake up, so wake them up I did.

Sunday morning and it is now freezing, which if you are sitting around the pits, not so much fun, but if you are running a race car, man did she fly. The guys at the track thought I needed to eat some more local food, jambalaya hear we come. All I can say is YUM!!!! The last pass was great, and after giving a lot of hugs goodbye, it was time to hit the road for home. I followed the rules that are posted at No Problem:

1. Have Fun
2. Make a Friend
3. Go Home Happy






We had to be back home for Andrew to be back in school, and I was co-hosting on ESPN radio again. So it was time to pull an all nighter!!! We arrived back home at 6:00 a.m. which was great except Nitro was all wound up from being cooped up in the truck all night, he was not going to let me get even a hour of sleep. So as Chris and Andrew were sleeping, Nitro was running around the house glad to be home. I took Andrew to school, and came home to catch 45 minutes of sleep. Back up and on the road in order to be a Disney World to co-host on the ESPN show. This was my second time back at the ESPN club, and it was a lot of fun. This time we were talking motorsports, my favorite sport!!!! Ashley Force was our call in guest. Talk about a great way to end a wonderful weekend.

Wait a minute, my day isn't over yet.....Elaine the racecar driver is done, but now it is time for mom. Andrew had his first baseball game. So there is no time to sleep yet, it is time to be the team mom. Andrew was AWESOME!!!! I was so proud. This was his time to shine, and he did. He struck 3 kids out, and just had so much fun. Well that about does it for me. I am going to get some sleep. But not much, cuz it is time to go racing this weekend. Life is great!!! Thanks to everyone at No Problem Raceway. This is how a track needs to be. Family fun for everyone. I hope to see you all again real soon.

Luv ya,

Elaine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, you are so sweet. We love you.