Monday, July 30, 2007

Nashville and Oshkosh here we come!!!!!

The Larsen family hits the road, air, for our next race in Nashville, TN. We had left the rig at the race track as we were pulling through town, so I booked us a flight to go back out for the race. It was Nitro's first flight, and I am happy to say that he was wonderful.

We landed and we went to the car rental to pick up our surprise, I had rented us a Nitro from Dodge. We loaded up and met up with George from Team Synergy. He was our guest for the weekend. The next day it was time for a display at Tennessee Speed Sport and then off to the race track to drop the trailer.

Saturday morning and it is sunny and blue skies. We hang out by the pool to relax before the busy night. We head out to the track. Charlotte and Rick, owners of the track, have done a lot of work to make the track really nice for the racers. We were scheduled to make 3 passes for the evening. Just before my first pass I look up and Big John, my ERAU buddy shows up after a 500 mile drive just to come and see me!!!!!

We make 3 good passes, and the crowd went wild. It was a late night, and he loaded everything quickly as we had to hit the road very early 4:00 a.m. to head to Oshkosh, WI. 45 minutes of sleep was not even near enough, but it had to do.

We were very tired on the drive, but we had to be at the airport to set-up the display by 5:00. The rest of the ERAU team were waiting for us to help and then it was time to get some well needed sleep.

Monday morning and it is show time. They say that for the entire week over 700,000 people attend the World's Largest Air Show. I can believe it. For the third year in a row, we had a wonderful show. I love watching the airshow every afternoon, and we have a great spot. The Beach Boys performed sounded great.

My new sponsor Vedalo HD, expect to hear more about them in the near future, was also at this event and I was able to show off some of the newest line of sunglasses.

For the entire week we were there to talk to prospective students about their career goals. Then on Friday we had a Lunch with the Stars scheduled. It was a one on one time for them to ask questions with some of the air show performers. It was a honor to be a part of this panel. Later that evening it was the kick off party for my newest sponsor, Vedalo HD. I invited all of the ERAU staff, and we all enjoyed ourselves. By the end of the week, we were all very tired, but I am already ready to do it all over again next year.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to stop and say HI. Right now I am in Missouri at a Comfort Inn watching Shark Week eating pizza heading for Texas to race. Nitro is going crazy in the room, jumping from bed to bed trying to get our food. I will check in later.

see ya,
e

No comments: