Sunday, June 10, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away!!!!

Okay the title says it all. I knew it was too good to be true. We woke up on Saturday morning to rain, and after breakfast, more rain, then the fateful phone call from the track, the race has been canceled. It continued to rain for the rest of the day and into the evening.

I felt really sorry for New England Dragway. They put in a lot of work to make this event a nice one, to just have it rain out. For us, well we had an enjoyable drive, and saw some areas that we have always wanted to visit. I can't complain. Okay so I can, but it won't make it any better. I was really looking forward to the race, but the good news is, E. Lowe is now considered a very very spoiled crew chief. We can say that we flew him in for an official New England Clam Chowder bowl of soup. He arrived in time for breakfast at the hotel, when we found out the race was canceled, we went to have some soup, and then we relaxed at the hotel for a nice dinner.

An Embry-Riddle representative, Gretchen, also flew in for the race. Everett and her both flew out on Sunday morning, and we hit the road to head to our next race. We are making a small pit stop in Hershey, PA to drown my sorrows in chocolate. I think a chocolate massage would make me feel much much better.

I will check back with you when we hit the next stop.

e.

P.S. Nitro is afraid of his shadow.

No comments: