Monday, June 18, 2007

Traveling Tbrough the Country




Well, we hit Hershey, PA and let me tell you, chocolate does make everything better. We had so much fun at Chocolate World. We went to the Kit Kat Lounge to have some lunch and make our own sundaes. All of us left with a smile.






We decided to spend a little time and explore. We went to a campground to see if we could rent a canoe. The water level was so low, that we just decided to wade through the streams. Andrew and Nitro had so much fun. It was a day to remember.


Now time to get back to work. We headed out for the 13 hour drive to Bowling Green. It was through some beautiful country side but we could not take time to enjoy work was calling. We kept up and finally made it. The problem was, I started to not feel well. I just thought it was the flu at first, but after a couple of days of running a fever and laying in the hotel bed, it soon became apparent that I had to get to the Dr. Thursday morning, I found out that I had a really bad Kidney infection. After a couple of antibiotic shots and some strong medicine, by that evening I had to pull it together to do a radio show.


The next day I was feeling much better and we decided to go to Splash Lagoon at the race track. It was a fun relaxing day to enjoy.


The next morning it was time to head to the race. Beech Bend Dragway is such a family fun race track, it is hard to not have a good time. We were hired to be there for Match Race Mania, along with 30 other exhibition race cars. The track and facility was wonderful, but unfortunately the crowd was not. But we all made the best of it, and made one pass and loaded up to head for home.


We dropped our trailer at a friends business in Atlanta, and drove the rest of the way. I couldn't tell you who was the most happy to be home. Nitro just ran from room to room rolling on the ground. We all enjoyed an evening at home. Chris and Andrew had also become very run down on the last couple of days, so we all visited the Dr. on our first day home. They both have sinus infections.


We will try and all get better in order to head to Commerce to head up the Atlanta Dragways Night of Fire. I am racing Paul Miller in his Danchuck funny car. This is my third year back to this event, but the first for the Embry-Riddle jet dragster. I will be a great race!!!! I have some special guests coming, so we will rest up and get ready to have some fun.


See you all at the races.


e

No comments: