Friday, June 08, 2007

Hitting the Road!!!



Back from vacation and now it is time to work. I am telling you, I think I need a vacation from vacation. We filled our seven days as full as you could. I finally on the 6th day took a much needed nap. We snorkeled with stingrays, kayaked in the ocean, jumped on water trampolines, climbed water glaciers, explored Mayan ruins, dune buggied through Costa Maya, and finally hung out with friends and family. It was a blast!!! I am ready to sign up for the next one. It went much too quick, but well worth the money. I did try my hand at the slots, but ended up on the loosing end.

We came home on Sunday, and it was time to get to work to prepare for the next month of racing. T-shirts to fold, trailer to pack and laundry to do and then repack. It was time to hit the road

We took off Tuesday mid-morning, made our first stop in North Carolina, and then didn't plan our travels very well, we hit New York at 6:30 p.m. but to our surprise, the traffic wasn't as bad as Orlando traffic in rush hour. We made our next stop in Connecticut. Something funny happened, it turned COLD. I am talking really really cold. It got in the low 50's overnight. Talk about an adjustment, we were in the tropics just days ago, and now the temperature was totally the opposite. We pulled into Epping, NH on Thursday mid-morning and dropped off the trailer. Met up the the Interceptor team and went to the Hampton Falls to have some lunch. Very very cool. We then found our hotel and got some sleep. Friday morning and it is bright and sunny. I think the sun comes up earlier here. 6:00 a.m. and the sun is coming through the drapes. We decided to play tourist today. We went to the Hampton beach, and walked the boardwalk. Chris and Andrew wanted to try all of the different food, I just had the fried dough!!!! Andrew wanted to run and jump in the ocean, well that all changed when he put his baby toe in the water. I think ice is warmer than the water was. BURRRRRRRRR!! But the sun was out and it was a wonderful day. We decided to do a little house shopping while we were here. HAHAHAHA

Tomorrow is race day. The forecast doesn't look good, but we are thinking positive. When we get to our next stop, I will tell you how the race went. Thanks for checking.

P.S. Nitro is afraid of the dandelions.

e

No comments: